Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Travels Continued ... Arrival

Just off the plane in London and thought I would report my experiences. writin gthis on a moving train, so it might be a bit poorly spelled. But I am getting more and more used to doing everythng in my gloves now, so maybe not. BTW, the laptop is mine (I've had questions). Sir and I have his and her laptops and, in repsonse to some of the questions I've recieved, he not only allows me to post these missives, he has required me to do so. I am also allowed to IM and email people, but I am not allowed to speak to anyone vocally, in public.

I spent most of the 9 hour flight relaxing and sleeping. After we fot on boardthe plane I was seated in an aisle seat in the center section of two seats in Business Class. Sir was in the set next to me, of course. We had a middle row, Row 4. There was no First class on this flight...just business and coach.

This meant that I was somewhat exposed to people getting on the plane and moving up and down the aisle, but it was not much of a problem. I sat down and fastened my seat belt over the burqa. I had a few odd stares as people boarded seeing a woman compeltely shrouded, reading a novel.

The flight attendant asked if I wanted orange juice or champagne, and I simply shook my head. That was about the extent of my interactions. After we took off, I read for another hour or so, then decided it was time for bed.

It is amazing how much communication with flight attendants is on the order of yes/no queries. Consequently, being a burqa'd woman who does not speak poses little or no problem.

Did I want a hot towel? Shake of the head
Did I want a DVD player? Shake of the head
Did I want dinner? Shake of the head
Did I want breakfast before landing? Shake of the head
Did I want a bottle of water? Nod of the head (so I would have it if I desperately needed to drink)

I think, finally, the flight attnedants got the idea that I was not speaking for some reason and they decided to leave me alone. After a bit more reading, I reclined my seat, raised the footrest, and reached under my burqa and pulled a second thin rubber veil down from where it sits on the inside of the burqa's headpiece. This veil just covers my eyes and prevents me from seeing, but does not interfere with my breathing through the eyescreen.

I drifted off to sleep and Sir indicated that I snored only a little bit for the next few hours.

As we were getting into London, Sir woke me up, I sat up and reached under the burqa nad raised my eye veil. I noticed the woman sitting across from me staring and smiled at her as much as possible, but I don't think she could see through the perforated screen.

What I did notice is that I MUCH prefer flying in a loose skirted dress like I have in the past as compared to the hobble dress I have on now. I was (and currently am) not very comfortable.
The dress is so tight that I cannot move my legs very much and after several hours on the plane, they are a bit sore and stiff.

I was very thirsty and would have liked to swap hoods and taken a drink, but we were close to landing and when I indicated the bottle of water i had acquired at take off, Sir just shook his head and told me i could wait until we were past customs.

We deplaned, attracting some stares from the ground crew and headed for passport control. Sir had filled out our landing cards, but we did not know if I would be required to show my face, so we stopped at a ladies restroom and I removed the gag hood I'd worn all night. The open faced hood was under it. I also took the opportunity to down a LOT of water and to empty my bladder as well. We decided not to try having me catheterized on this trip, so I was ready to pee!

At passport control, we both went to the desk and Sir showed our passports and explained that
I was not allowed to show my face in public. The woman at the desk nodded like she had this happen all the time and signalled another woman to come over. I was led off to a private room, lifted my burqa, and the woman glanced at me and my passport and then let me cover again.

We walked through customs Nothing to Declare without stopping. two agents glanced at us a bit, but there were two other women in black abayas and niqabs going through as well and the customs people seemed much more concerned with the large number of people from Jamaica that had arrived about the same time.

I DID notice the two niqabis looking my way and talking to each other, but they did not approach us.

Sir escorted me to the ladies where I went in and put the hood on with the small mouthhole. then, we went to a restaurant in the airport and had a bite to eat while waiting for our train.

We've had lots of stares on the platforms (we've had to change trains once) but no one has said anyhting. Sir got first class tickets and the conductor took both of them from him and punched them without ever looking directly at me. I think I have become invisible.
we are almost at our destination now and will shortly head for the hotel. I am not overly tired, but would like to get a bit more rest before tomorrow.

So I will close here. Once more, we have demonstrated that you can travel covered completely in latex if you have a mind to...and someone who plans these things out as well as Sir does.


Sealed said...

Welcome to England!

I am so impressed by your travels. I hope you enjoy your time in London and hope you get plenty of opportunity to enjoy the thrill of being out in public.

A month since you wore an open face mask. I guess with everthing else going on, you hardly got time to notice the strange feeling of not having a second skin on your face...


Latex Lady said...

Au Contraire! I feel absolutely naked with nothing on my face when I have to go through the security ritual. I WISH I could wear a transparent hood, but I do not believe security would accept that. It still distorts and obscures features too much and their paranoia training would kick in, I am sure.

Even just having the burqa on and feeling it move loosely over my facial skin feels weird. I have grown VERY used to the feeling of a well fitted face mask covering my forehead, cheeks, nose, and jaws. I am very quick to pull on a fullface hood after clearing security.


Onij said...

I hope you enjoy your time in London. Can you please show us a few pics of what your outfit would look like out in public? Pretty please with latex on top :: gets on knees and begs:: lol

markus said...

you're living the life we all dream about. being dressed up 24/7 hours in our most loved latex. you really did this in the most consquently way.

to travel in full latex, even flying with all that customs stuff and more - just great! think that needs some (or a lot of) courage, although the people seem to react quite "normal" to you when seeing you and doing the checks...

i wrote that you didn't drink or eat during your flight, that you even were gagged all the time - wow. i wonder whether it wasn't a quite dangerous trip. during a flight you need to drink (and move) so that your blood isn't getting to "thick" and your suffering a quite bad "thrombosis"...

but keep on with your latex life and let us participate in reading your blogs...



Latex Lady said...

Actually, by laying back in the business class seat, I was quite comfortable and safe from thrombosis. I was hydrated before we got on board and honestly, 9 hours of no water and little movement is not at all bad for you...it's called a good night's sleep.

I was a bit stiff in the hobble dress under the burqa, but I am also used to sleeping restrained. Sometimes in sleep sacks, sometimes in bondage and even in my vacuum bed.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's return flight.